This SAP Fiori tutorial explains the steps required to setup SAP Fiori launchpad and Launchpad Designer. This can be performed by Fiori administrators or basis team with Fiori knowledge.
This Fiori tutorial explains manual steps for initial setup of Fiori launchpad. To know the task list for an automated setup of Fiori launchpad refer to SAP Fiori landscape initial configuration for Fiori administrators
Activating OData services for Fiori Lauchpad
To set up SAP Fiori Launchpad and Launchpad designer, a set of OData services needs to be activated in the Gateway system. Following are the Odata services that needs to be activated. Follow the steps below to activate the servcies.
/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CONF – used by launchpad designer for configuration
/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CUST – used by the launchpad designer for customization
/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS – used by the launchpad for personalization
/UI2/TRANSPORT- used by the launchpad designer.
/UI2/INTEROP – used by both launchpad and launchpad designer.
Steps to activate above odata services.
- In FES, execute tcode /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE
- Click Add Service button
- SYSTEM ALIAS – use input help to select LOCAL
- EXTERNAL SERVICE NAME – enter “/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CONF”
- Click Get Services
- Select the service
- Click ADD SELECTED SERVICES
- Select LOCAL OBJECT
- Click Continue
Repeat above steps to activate all Odata services for launchpad and launchpad designer.
Activating SICF services for launchpad and launchpad designer
The following SAP internet communication framework SICF services needs to be activated to configure launchpad and launchpad designer.
Follow these steps to activate the above SICF services.
- run tcode SICF
- SERVICE PATH – enter “/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap”
- click Execute
- drill down to AR_SRVC_LAUNCH, right click and choose Activate Service
- click Yes with Hierarchy to activate all child nodes
- similarly, activate all other SICF services
Grant Authorization roles
In order to run Fiori launchpad by end-users or Fiori launchpad designer by Fiori administrators , we need to grant and assign roles to them as end-users or administrators.
- In FES, run tcode PFCG
- we need to copy the roles SAP_UI2_ADMIN and SAP_UI2_USER_700 to our customer namespace
- ROLE – enter “SAP_UI2_ADMIN”
- click Copy Role
- in To Role field, give a ‘Z’ name or simply amend name with ‘Z’
- click Copy All
- Click Edit
- select Authorization Default under Menu tab
- field Authorization Default – select TADIR from drop down
- field Program ID – R3TR
- field Obj. Type – IWSG
- Add the below services
- Click Copy button and go to Authorizations tab
- Click propose a Profile Name
- Click Change Authorization data and click Yes to save role
- Click Save and click Generate Icon to generate role
The above step create a role for Fiori administrators. Assigning a user id to this role will give them access to Fiori launchpad and Fiori launchpad designer.
Similarly, create custom role for end users by copying role SAP_UI2_USER_700. Add the blow two services to this role.
Assign custom role SAP_UI2_USER_700 to end users id to give them access to Fiori launchpad.
Steps to Assign Generic Roles to user
- Run tcode SU01
- field USER – enter user id
- click Edit
- Navigate to Roles tab, click to add a new role
- enter role name ZSAP_UI2_USER_700, hit enter
- click SAVE
Configure SAP Fiori Launchpad login screen
Follow the below steps to configure SAP Fiori Launchpad and Fiori Launchpad designer login screen.
- run tcode SICF
- field SERVICE PATH – enter ‘/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell’
- click Execute
- double click USHELL service to open it
- go to ERROR PAGES tab
- select SYSTEM LOGON radio button and click CONFIGURATION
- select radio button Custom Implementation
- in field ABAP CLASS– enter ‘/UI2/CL_SRA_LOGIN’
- click Continue and Save the service
This helps us configure the Launchpad login screen. Similarly, configure /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admin to configure SAP Fiori lauchpad designer logon.
The generic URL to login Fiori lauchpad is ( replace <server> and <port> with hostname and port of front end server) :
Generic URL for Lauchapd desinger is:( replace <server>, <port> and <client> with hostname , port and client of front end server)